Paulownia Blanks for surfboards
Paulownia blanks for surfboards; the wood of choice for wooden surfboard shapers because once its shaped and oiled, it doesn’t soak up salt water.
- Paulownia blanks are edge glued panels of full vertically laminated strips (no joints).
- Thicknesses available from 4mm.
- Practically knot-free.
- Extremely light, strong and flexible.
- Sustainable paulownia wood grown in Spain.
- The blanks are handmade and glued with D4 water resistant PU glue.
- Paulownia wood doesn’t soak water and requires little maintenance.
- Average density of 260 kg/m3. It has a strength to weight ration similar to aluminium.
- Clear and naturally beautiful grain.
We are able to make any size panel upon request.
If you want to create your own blanks or are looking for an alternative contrustion method, please visit the Surf Kits section.